Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Case of Possession by KJ Charles


 
A Case of Possession is book two in the A Charm of Magpies Series. It can be read on it’s own but you will not get the full effect of the characters or the relationships the characters have with one another. It is my suggestion that you read The Magpie Lord first.

 
I had not read The Magpie Lord when I was asked to review A Case of Possession. I read the first two chapters and stopped. I could not do a review on a second book in a series when I haven’t even read the first one. So that is what I did. I read The Magpie Lord through without putting it down, it was that good. By this time I was excited to see what awaited me in the second book, A Case of Possession, the one I am to review. It was the same as the first, so good I couldn’t put it down.

The book read like a four hundred page novel, in that it was full of adventure, mystery, other wordly factors and off course relationships. It did not drone on like a dry wordy story. The story is fast paced and when you are finished reading it in one sitting, because you’ll want to do that, you’ll want the story to continue.

Being the mystery buff that I am, this had me guessing all the way to the end. It’s that well written.

Lord Crane is a hard man to describe. He’s judged harshly just because of his father and brother’s reputation, a judgement he doesn’t deserve. He has done scrupulous things but he’s not a hateful man or a monster.

When it comes to Stephen Day, there is more there than what is initially  seen. He’s afraid to come out of the closet because it may mean he loses his friends and his occupation. I like how he was written, strong on the outside not needing anyone but on the inside he’s terrified of his heart.

My favorite character is Merrick, he’s in a class of his own.

Want to know more, I highly suggest reading this series. I cannot wait for the third one to come out.

I give this book five blue roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment